Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48396 by hurl03
Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:07 pm
Con anyone confirm the current method of a factory telo base reset?

I need to un-register two telo handsets from my current telo base so I can then register the two replacement handsets?

I have done the following:
Unplug for 30s
Wait for flashing red ooma logo
Press and hold stop and trash
But it never goes to solid red and out...

Driving myself crazy over here...
#48401 by murphy
Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:43 pm
hurl03 wrote:Con anyone confirm the current method of a factory telo base reset?

I need to un-register two telo handsets from my current telo base so I can then register the two replacement handsets?

Unplug for 30s

Execute a factory reset on the Telo. NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS. Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot. After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.
#48403 by hurl03
Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:55 pm
murphy wrote:
hurl03 wrote:Con anyone confirm the current method of a factory telo base reset?

Unplug for 30s

Execute a factory reset on the Telo. NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS. Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot. After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.

I must be doing something wrong.

I held the stop and trash buttons for 5 minutes and the logo never turns off, just to a solid dim blue.

I get the alternating red and blue, followed by a solid blue, then a more dim blue. again the logo never turns off or gives and indication of a reboot

both handsets still show handset 1 and handset two after this procedure.
#48471 by hurl03
Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 am
murphy wrote:Execute a factory reset on the Telo. NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS. Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot. After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.

Can anyone confirm on their telo base unit that the above process works with the current firmware?
#48489 by murphy
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 am
hurl03 wrote:
murphy wrote:Execute a factory reset on the Telo. NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS. Unplug the power from the back of the Telo and reconnect. As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order. When the bottom row turns off and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold. The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red. Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns off. You can then release and the Telo will reboot. After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.

Can anyone confirm on their telo base unit that the above process works with the current firmware?

As I reread those instructions my recollection is that the Ooma logo turns solid red before it begins to flash. Try pressing the stop and trash keys simultaneously the instant you see any red. Don't wait for it to flash.
#48513 by hurl03
Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am
murphy wrote:As I reread those instructions my recollection is that the Ooma logo turns solid red before it begins to flash. Try pressing the stop and trash keys simultaneously the instant you see any red. Don't wait for it to flash.

Same result, after alternating between red and blue ooma logo, logo becomes solid blue, all other lights are out, but phone functions fine.

I never get to the solid red and system reboot. I have tried pressing the stop and trash buttons:
1. - immediately after logo turns red
2. - during the first flash
3. - when the logo turns red the second time

If i wait any longer than that the unit goes on to boot in regular mode.

Telephone support has proven to be pretty useless, and that's being generous.
#48634 by hingli
Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm
I am having the Same result as hurl03. I have reset my ooma Telo once but this time it's not working.
#48661 by murphy
Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:57 am
I have just verified that the following sequence resets my Telo.
I have to put back all of my modifications and re-register my handset once I do this.

Execute a factory reset on the Telo.
NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS.

Unplug the power from the back of the Telo, wait 15 seconds, and reconnect.
As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order.
When the bottom row turns off, after about 31 scans to the right, and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold.
The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red.
Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns solid blue.
You can then release the buttons.
The logo will stay blue for awhile.
There will be a single red flash.
The 1 and 2 lights will come on which is the beginning of the normal boot up process.
After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.
#48664 by hurl03
Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:25 am
murphy wrote:The logo will stay blue for awhile.

@murphy

I got to the solid "BRIGHT" blue, shortly after it went to a "DIM" blue - Did you have a similar result?

Also, when you say, "The logo will stay blue for awhile." - do you have an approximation?
#48665 by murphy
Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 am
hurl03 wrote:
murphy wrote:The logo will stay blue for awhile.

@murphy

I got to the solid "BRIGHT" blue, shortly after it went to a "DIM" blue - Did you have a similar result?

Also, when you say, "The logo will stay blue for awhile." - do you have an approximation?

Yes it did dim.
I didn't measure it. Maybe 10 to 20 seconds.

If you want to verify that it actually reset, configure the network page to use DHCP and the built in MAC address.
Following the reset the DHCP and the built in selections will revert to Auto.
If you have any port forwarding entered that will go away.
If you changed the IP address range that the DHCP server issues, it will return to the default.

I just reread your original post. You must also factory reset the handsets. If your original handsets still have the batteries in them, remove them.