Porting day ?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
plane_pilot

Porting day ?

Post by plane_pilot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 am

How long does the actual port normally take? At 7am when I checked this morning my service was dead. I tried calling the number and it said it was disconnected or out of service. My temp Ooma number still works fine. 6 hours later and my phone is still dead. Just wondering how others have gone?

murphy

Re: Porting day ?

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am

Mine took all day.
Done around 5 PM. EST
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

plane_pilot

Post by plane_pilot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. The port was suppose to happen yesterday and I got nervous when I call my number and it said it has been disconnected or no longer in service!!

plane_pilot

Post by plane_pilot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Man I should have listen to all the complaints about customer service!! So my port has still not happened and my old carrier has released my number!!! Now Ooma is telling me another 1-2 days for the port to happen? So people are trying to reach me and all they get is my number has been disconnected. So anyone in the process of porting should understand the some down time could mean 1-3 days!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed!!!

amoney

Post by amoney » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:06 pm

There have been other posts that indicated the released happened earlier than expected, then the blam game happes between Ooma and your carrier.

All I can advise is sit tight as it may complete soon. Ooma has been known to cut it earlier than scheduled. If not your hands are tied and you will have to wait it out. Unfortunately.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G