Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#46256 by nynate
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 am
In my Ooma preferences online i have disabled the Ooma Connection Tone but i keep getting the Classic Default tone.
I've rebooted my Telo but the Classic Default Tone is still active.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I personally find the Connection Tone annoying.

Thanks.
#46274 by dtalwar
Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 am
Sometimes the settings may take a few minutes to 'stick' ... I have to clarify this though that Ooma dial tone is different from Ooma connection tone. You can disable the connection tone, which is the tone played after your line is connected, but not the little jingle you hear with the dial tone when you pick up the phone. That can't be disabled. You probably knew this already but I thought I would mention it anyways ...
#46275 by amoney
Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:18 am
This throws lots of people off there is actually two tones you can only disable the second tone that happens when the person on the other end picks up that is what you disabled the first inital ooma sound ypu hear when you go to dial will always be there.

Requests have been made to have option to get rid of it.
#46927 by sfhub
Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:32 pm
Maybe they should just change the text in the UI to read "Connection Tone (this is not the Ooma dial tone)". I guarantee this simple 30 second change will result in fewer calls to support, which makes it pay for itself.
#46952 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:13 pm
Ive said it before, I think the second connection tone is outright obnoxious.

I agree a better discription would go along way. Just label it Ooma advertisment tone upon connection. Simple.