Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#45756 by Morpheus
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:41 am
Received the supposedly NEW power cable and it's worse than the one I received with my ooma. It looked used because the cord was unraveled in the box.

Anyone else have this problem?
#45823 by amoney
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:29 pm
Guess I have nothing to complain about, I received a unused power cord but it was identical. Some others have indicated that they actually received a adapter with a longer tip. Another person suggested carefully cutting away the plastic to expose more length. Others use tape, I recommend those 3M command clips as a wire keeper.

I like your title, certainly calls out to Ooma, why in the world are they wasting time and money (not to mention agravating customers) sending out these useless replacements.
#45825 by murphy
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 pm
Try pulling gently on the LAN cable connected to the internet port while you insert the power connector. Apparently some Telos have loose motherboards that recede into the case as you push on the power connector.
#45878 by Morpheus
Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm
murphy:

Mine is solid. It's just a defect due to someone not doing their job. How could a power cord connection like this even make it to manufacturing.

I'm sure that the next iteration of the main ooma box will have a secure power cable. Good thing I bought mine from Costco :)
#46965 by luntam
Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:34 pm
I received the new power adapter today and the tip looks shorter than the original. Plug it in and it's a little tighter and not easy to pull out. Since I didn't get a return label, I called CS on what is my next step. CS told me to keep the other power adapter and don't ship it back. It's working for now.