Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#45043 by wags119
Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:31 am
I purchased my first Ooma Telo last night with a couple of handsets. I went through all the setup, test calls out and in, and it was all working great when I went to bed. This morning the first call I received on the device all of a sudden all the lights on the telo went out and now after trying everything I still cant get any of the lights to come on.

I can still make and receive calls. All the network lights are blinking as normal and the setup page shows everything to be fine. I can NOT use any of the buttons on the telo though. If I try pressing any of them nothing happens.

Does it sound like my device is shot after being plugged in for all of 12 hours or what? Thanks
#45056 by wags119
Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 am
Nevermind. Called support again and ended up loosing the call with them but not before the rep did something cause after I now just plugged it back in it is all working.
#45059 by Aveamantium
Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:05 am
Check to see if the plug in the back of the telo is loose... If it is you can get a replacement.
#45485 by wags119
Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 pm
Well it never actually got fixed. It came back doing the same thing the very next morning. It doesn't appear to be the power cable. I have found that if I leave it unplugged for about 10 mins and then plug it back in that it will cycle fine and will work anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours.

The weird part is the ooma handsets still function as normal with incoming and outgoing calls. I even tried resetting it with the two buttons on power up. I don't know what else to do?
#45491 by Aveamantium
Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:57 pm
wags119 wrote:Well it never actually got fixed. It came back doing the same thing the very next morning. It doesn't appear to be the power cable. I have found that if I leave it unplugged for about 10 mins and then plug it back in that it will cycle fine and will work anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours.

The weird part is the ooma handsets still function as normal with incoming and outgoing calls. I even tried resetting it with the two buttons on power up. I don't know what else to do?

Where did you purchase the Telo? Sounds like you may need to exchange it. If you got it through Ooma PM ntoy and he'll take care of you.
#45497 by amoney
Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:33 pm
So basicly it automatically goes into "dark" mode.

Question after restarting, do ALL the lights stay on, do the buttons work, i.e. when you press the light button does it cycle through the brightness from high to low to off.

To confirm you indicated that when the telo turns off the lights, when you press the brightness setting, nothing happens, the Ooma logo typically blinks purple with every touch.

I have noticed an interesting behavior on my telo unit...

Since I use my own base/handset (answering machine), and dont rely on the Telo base, I wish most of the lights off, but I wanted just the Ooma logo blue, well I can get that.

I figured out, that after setting the Telo lights to OFF, that if I disrupt the internet connection for 5 min, the Telo will start to flash the Ooma logo red to indicate as so. I then reenable the internet connection and the Ooma light goes solid blue, and stays solid blue, no other lights.

Now, sometimes, the Ooma blue logo will off, but recently its been on 24/7 for weeks now. Just the way I like it.

The reason I found out about this is that the Telo lights were set to off and I think either a update happened or Ooma sevice was briefly out, and thus made the Ooma logo appear lighted.

Anywyas. Make what you want of it.