Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42947 by Shutterstuff
Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm
I HATE call waiting, it is rude when I am on the phone with someone.

Is there a way to have calls go to voicemail or roll over to the second line?

I experienced my first call waiting beep today and it was so annoying I could hardly carry on the conversation with my kids school nurse... every couple seconds I had to say "what? I missed that...".

Ooma Core system.
#43011 by bw1
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4364&p=31241#p31241

Bobby B wrote:I think Ooma support can disable it (you can send them an email or give them a call) - but it's a manual process and can take a couple days to process. We're planning to expose the option in My Ooma in the future.
#43027 by Shutterstuff
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 pm
Thanks for the link. It looks like this has been on a wish list for years...

Do you happen to know if there is the option of going to voicemail or busy signal? That question was not answered in the other thread.
#60521 by loredel
Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 pm
Hi, I do not know if you got help. I requested to have the call waiting feature deactivated and then just get the busy signal and apparently they did deactivate it but the calls were still waiting.

I contacted Ooma Support and after testing that the busy signal is not coming for the second caller while you are with another call, the girl asked somebody else and then said they do not have the busy signal available at this time but that she is going to suggest it during next week meeting and that I should also suggest this on the forum and depending on the response from other users they may approve it, so here I am!

If you are still interested on having a busy signal rather than call waiting when there is a second caller on your line, please reply to the post "Suggestion: the sweet sounds of busy signal" , that I just placed on Feature Requests. Here is the direct link to the post http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8642 Hopefully, if they see that many of us are interested, they will start to program it.

Have a good one and keep your fingers crossed for the busy signal!

Alexa