Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42852 by larrys1
Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 am
Does anybody out there know the CORRECT way to upgrade from a Hub to a Telo with the Ooma CSR? I purchased a Hub at Costco a couple of weeks ago, activated and began number port from my POTS company. Then I realize there is the Telo. So I purchase a Telo and called to get my account info and phone number transferred to the Telo and the gal says I have to activate the Telo and get a new temporary number, call them back and request a number transfer. This does NOT match what it says on the web site at all! But I did it and now I'm thinking it was incorrect and something is going to get screwed up along the way like losing my number port or something. I'm thinking now I should cancel the Telo and wait until number port is complete and maybe try again when I know how to do it. What does everyone think?
#42854 by murphy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:24 am
You can't transfer from a hub to a Telo until after you have owned the hub for 30 days.
Something about people buying a hub to get it's features, transferring to a Telo and returning the hub to the store for credit.
I guess they are assuming that you can't return the hub after you have had it for 30 days.
#42859 by larrys1
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am
murphy wrote:You can't transfer from a hub to a Telo until after you have owned the hub for 30 days.
Something about people buying a hub to get it's features, transferring to a Telo and returning the hub to the store for credit.
I guess they are assuming that you can't return the hub after you have had it for 30 days.

They didn't say anything about the 30 days. Also, Rich Buchanan doesn't make reference to having to wait in this Ooma post:
***************************************************************************************************
Rich Buchanan says:
November 2, 2009 at @ 9:00 pm
Antony,

It’s been less than 30 days since we introduced the Telo and you bought a Hub. Take the unit back to your retailer and exchange it for a Telo. We protect the retailer for 30 days post sale for returns.

The only thing you’ll have to do is call customer support to handle the “upgrade” from Hub to Telo and make sure you get all the features correctly entered into your new Telo service.

Rich Buchanan
*********************************************************************************************

But, aside from that, how about the actual questions I'm asking? That's what I am more concerned about. Does anyone have actual on'hands experience doing one of these transfers?
#42888 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 am
larrys1 wrote:
murphy wrote:You can't transfer from a hub to a Telo until after you have owned the hub for 30 days.

They didn't say anything about the 30 days. Also, Rich Buchanan doesn't make reference to having to wait in this Ooma post:

Here's the relevant post from Dennis P: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24651#p24651.
#42894 by larrys1
Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 am
Exactly. I believe the 30 day waiting period was so folks could not transfer their TOS from Hub to Telo which I am not interested in. I have to pay the $12 per year no matter what.
#42911 by larrys1
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 am
Just got off the phone with Customer Support. In just a matter of a minute, my first account (Hub) was closed and I was told my number port would not be affected, that it would be connected to the new Telo no problemo. Now, if it all works that slick, cudos to Customer Support! BTW, right after I got off the phone, I tried to login to my.ooma with the Hub account and it said no such account. So it must be closed. Whoo Hoo!