Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42775 by tater10
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm
I hate new posts, but I just can't seem to find the answer I need.

I am new to ooma, installed today. I am using a landline. I can not get call forwarding/multi-ring to work. I would like for my cell to ring when a call comes in. Is this possible?

The base and scout are both blue, and most other features seem to work. I am on my 60 day trial.

I have ooma connection tone set to disable, but it doesn't work when enabled.

Is this related to 'provisioning'? If so, how do I start the process?

Thank you
#42789 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm
If you intend to keep your land line integrated with Ooma and want call forwarding on busy to work, you have to tell Ooma, via a call to CS, that you want them to provision your land line with call forwarding on busy. They will remove any other features that are on your land line at the same time. You can't do it yourself because it involves forwarding to a private Ooma number that they will not give to you. Your land line company will have a monthly charge for the feature.
#42805 by tater10
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 pm
Thank you.

Is this why multi-ring doesn't work?

Is provisioning something that is suggested if I intend to keep my landline? I have a security system and the company warns against VoIP systems.

Rough idea on the cost?

Again, thanks for the response.
#42808 by bw1
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 pm
I'm not sure if that's why the call forwarding is not working, but I know that call waiting will not work and you need to have Ooma provision your landline for CFB. It may be that multi-ring only works with calls to an Ooma number.

I think it's about $5 per month from most landline phone companies.

You must contact Ooma customer support and have your landline provisioned to add call forward busy to your landline. This is an additional monthly charge and allows you to accept a second call when the landline is in use. They also remove voicemail, call waiting and call forwarding. See here:

http://cp-ooma.talismaonline.com/articl ... 19&p=12040

Most of us here recommend not integrating your landline, whether you're just testing the Ooma service and will eventually port your number or even if you want to keep your landline for a backup service. The reason is that all incoming calls and local outgoing and 911 calls will be through your landline service. Only long distance calls will be through the Ooma service. Also, you give up much of the included functionality like caller id and call waiting from Ooma.