Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42542 by pthurleylll
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 am
Installation of ooma went fine including use of scout at another wall jack but even with wall jack connected to "wall" in the ooma hub the phone system won"t pick up my landline telephone number when anyone outside the house calls it. Anyone dialing the landline number just gets ringing over and over.The ooma temporary number works fine dialing out or in. What do I need to do to receive calls when others dial me on my landlne telephone number aside from directly connecting the wall jack to my telephone? I've requested from ooma to port my landline number to the ooma system.
#42545 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 am
pthurleylll wrote:Installation of ooma went fine including use of scout at another wall jack but even with wall jack connected to "wall" in the ooma hub the phone system won"t pick up my landline telephone number when anyone outside the house calls it. Anyone dialing the landline number just gets ringing over and over.The ooma temporary number works fine dialing out or in. What do I need to do to receive calls when others dial me on my landlne telephone number aside from directly connecting the wall jack to my telephone? I've requested from ooma to port my landline number to the ooma system.

Did you choose to integrate your landline when you signed up? I'm guessing not since you have an Ooma temporary number. I recommend that you keep your landline separate and not integrate via the wall port. If available from your landline provider, use call forwarding to have your landline inbound calls ring on your Ooma number until your port goes through.
#42546 by murphy
If you got a temporary number from ooma, you did not integrate your land line. IMHO that is the proper way to do it when you are porting a number. You will need to keep a phone connected to the land line until the number port is complete.
#42547 by bw1
There may be a configuration problem with your number or Ooma account.

Make sure you've precisely followed the instructions to configure the Ooma Hub according to the documentation and troubleshooting section. Leave the scout disconnected for now and see if you can get it to work. Otherwise, you may need to call customer support.

Most of us here recommend not integrating your landline, whether your just testing the Ooma service and will eventually port your number or even if you want to keep your landline for a backup service. The reason is that all incoming calls and local outgoing and 911 calls will be through your landline service. Only long distance calls will be through the Ooma service. Also, you give up much of the included functionality like caller id and call waiting from Ooma.
#42556 by pthurleylll
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 am
I figured it out.I split the wire coming out of the wall to go to both ooma and my phone (line 1). Then I put the phone line from ooma to line 2 on my phone and they both work great. Thanks for the input.