Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41156 by mbartholo
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 am
I finally got ooma working with one phone, now I need to energize the rest of the house. I followed the instruction to disconnect my current carrier from the house phone circuit, then ran a phone cable from the wall port and tried two different wall outlets, both without successfully making dial tone available to other home phones. Any ideas of anything else to try to make this work? Having ooma in just one location doesn't work.
#41158 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:43 am
You need to check out your house wiring to make sure that all of the phone jacks are tied together.
#41160 by 2spirit
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:52 am
The phone jack should be connected to the "Phone" port on the Telo . . . not the wall port. That should get the Ooma dial tone to all phone jacks in your home. Give that a try and see if that doesn't solve your problem. Works well for me!
#41167 by li3771
Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 am
I have the same problem. One phone works well when it is directly connected to Ooma Telo. But no wall phone plugs work after I connect between one phone jack and plug (wall) in Telo. The phone does not work if insert a spliter (i.e. one phone line in and phone line/wall line out) between phone and Telo. I wonder if it is because the signal strength from Telo is so low that it cannot engegize other devices.
#41177 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 am
li3771 wrote:I have the same problem. One phone works well when it is directly connected to Ooma Telo. But no wall phone plugs work after I connect between one phone jack and plug (wall) in Telo. The phone does not work if insert a spliter (i.e. one phone line in and phone line/wall line out) between phone and Telo. I wonder if it is because the signal strength from Telo is so low that it cannot engegize other devices.

Unless you have a landline integrated with your Telo (a choice you would have made during activation), there should be nothing connected to the Telo wall port. Dialtone from the Telo is only available from the Telo's phone port.
#41259 by li3771
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:25 pm
Groundhound wrote:
li3771 wrote:I have the same problem. One phone works well when it is directly connected to Ooma Telo. But no wall phone plugs work after I connect between one phone jack and plug (wall) in Telo. The phone does not work if insert a spliter (i.e. one phone line in and phone line/wall line out) between phone and Telo. I wonder if it is because the signal strength from Telo is so low that it cannot engegize other devices.

Unless you have a landline integrated with your Telo (a choice you would have made during activation), there should be nothing connected to the Telo wall port. Dialtone from the Telo is only available from the Telo's phone port.

Well, I've also tried to connect Telo's phono port to a wall phone plug. It does not work either.
#41264 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm
li3771 wrote:]Well, I've also tried to connect Telo's phono port to a wall phone plug. It does not work either.

Do you have the phone company line physically disconnected at the demarc box?
#42161 by Groundhound
Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 am
sharpeiboy wrote:I'm having the same problem. All my house phones are dead except for the one directly plugged into the Ooma base.

Distributing dialtone to your house jacks is done from the Ooma phone port (not wall port). This article may be helpful: http://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/distributing-ooma-dialtone-all-phone-jacks
#42213 by sharpeiboy
Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:46 pm
Success - all phone jacks in my house are working now.

I called support and they gave me two things to do:

1. Unplug all phones in the house and plug back in one by one. (This didn't remedy the problem.)

2. The next step was to insert a line splitter (like this one http://tinyurl.com/yg8dx62) in the PHONE outlet in the back of the Telo.
Once that's in place, insert a phone line to from the splitter to your wall outlet and one to your phone in that room.

As soon as I did this, all phones in the house work.