Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#40449 by LatkaGravitz
Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 am
I purchased my Ooma hub on 12/30/2009, hooked it up - worked fine to make outgoing calls, but won't take incoming calls from land lines or cell phones. I've called Customer Service (not really service as it turns out) many times since 12/30/2009 and SHAZZAM!! still no incoming phone calls.

I this close >< to pulling the wires off this thing and kicking it all the way back to Costco where I bought it.

System Routing:

Cable Modem>Cisco Pix 501>Ooma Hub>Intell iMac. I have the phone line plugged into the wall so that a number of phones are connected at the same time, and those phones have dial tone when I pick them up.

The Ooma Tab is blue, and returns to blue each time I restart the device.

I've restarted each of the devices in the chain liseted above (many times, one at a time) and still, SHAZZAM!! no incoming phone calls.

Any hints?

Pretty Please?! :?
#40459 by murphy
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am
Turn the brightness control on the right side all of the way up.
Is the envelope button red?
If it is, push and hold until it goes out.
#40675 by saw35
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am
I had the same problem and holding down the red envelope button worked! I'm glad I learned about this solution before I spent several frustrating hours dealing with Ooma's notoriously bad customer service. Thanks, murphy!
#40870 by LatkaGravitz
Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 am
Thanks for the suggestion, but the envelope (send calls to voice mail) was not activated.

As it turns out, a few hours after this post I got a call from an Ooma Engineer who was calling
on a land line to verify that his work was successful. Obviously it was. He suggested that I
try calling in on a variety of land/cell phones which I did and each call was successful.

No problems since then.

:D
#41268 by jaysullivan
Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:02 pm
Hi Latka,

So what was the solution? Did the engineer do something to your account to get incoming calls to work? I just purchased an Ooma Hub system tonight and I'm having the same problem. Incoming and outgoing calls using my Ooma number work fine, but when people call my landline, the phone hooked up to the Ooma does not ring. I have the "Wall" output on the hub hooked up to my wall jack, and other phones in my house ring just fine when someone calls my landline number.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jay
#41276 by murphy
Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 am
If you didn't integrate your land line with Ooma, connecting it to the Ooma box will not make the Ooma phone ring. The fact that you have an Ooma number suggests that you did not integrate your land line. Keep a separate phone connected to your land line.
#41277 by jaysullivan
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 am
I'm planning on getting rid of my landline and porting my number over to Ooma at some point, but I wanted to test the service out for a while before doing that, so I selected picking my own Ooma number when I installed it. Does that mean I can't change my mind and integrate my phone line with the Ooma? I was worried when making that initial choice, but thought I'd be able to change things around after the initial install. Am I out of luck?
#41281 by bw1
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:44 am
You can change it by calling customer service. But why?

Most of us recommend keeping a landline separate otherwise all incoming and outgoing local calls are through the landline and only long distance calls are through Ooma.

With it separate, you can test the Ooma service using your temporary number and answer calls on the landline using a separate phone connected to a wall jack in your house. When you port over your landline, all your calls will be through Ooma and you'll already know how well the Ooma service works for you.
#41288 by AZGuyJoe
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:41 am
jaysullivan - I'm doing the same thing. I'm using 2 ooma numbers to test things out. When I'm ready to pull the trigger I'll port my exiting 2 phone numbers over to ooma and have them replace their numbers with my existing numbers. Since no one knows what my 2 ooma numbers are I simply transferred calls going to those numbers to my ooma numbers so all of my incoming and outgoing calls on all of my phones (I have a hub/scout with a cordless base station on the scout) are going trough ooma. I've been set up this way for about 2 weeks along with 1 line being used exclusively for a fax line. All is good!
#41294 by jaysullivan
Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 am
AZGuyJoe - Thanks, it never occurred to me to just forward my landline number to my Ooma number. I guess I should have thought of that! :) Also, this isn't related, but how is it that you have two Ooma numbers - do you have two Ooma hubs?

Bw1 - Thanks, I forgot that if I have an integrated phone line that local calls would go out through the landline. I don't want that, so I guess I'll just forward my landline as described above. Then I can disconnect the phone that I have hooked up to my landline and just use the phone that is hooked up to the Ooma.