Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39662 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:05 am
Can CS verify that your Ooma is not "bricked" from the repeated atempts for firmware update. That would be my concern.

When I first installed I was expecting the light show but did not get it till a hour later when I happen to see it actuall updating, the update took 10 min.

4 days is ridiculous, ask for a exchange.
#39802 by smguf
Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:27 am
called cs, 13th time, it is not bricked. Out of the blue he says I need to get a seperate router. What?. cs says this integrated modem sends a uneven flow and ooma dissconnects and then reconnects which starts the download over again. It could never complete a download. Why didn't someone in cs tell me this Monday. I returned the unit and got a new oome. Hooked new one up without keeping my phone number. Got a different light show this time,but, in the end bottom lights kept cycling. 4 hours later called cs. She said the same thing about getting a router. Ok, went to best buy. geek squad said the new router will fight with the integrated one. for $100 they would set it up. What are my options? I end up getting a new modem and seperate router. Got all of that hooked up, hooked up ooma and within 5 min. I had service. Made a call and recieved a called. In the end. If you are not a advanced computer geek and have a qwest modem and router in one. Dump it and get a seperate modem and router. The difference was amazing. 5 says of install headaches and still no install to....5 min install with a wonderful clear phone line. Thank you for all your help. I hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem...Happy New Year