Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39322 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:40 pm
Groundhound wrote:Read this thread about Scout serial number errors, it is a common problem: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5522&p=39168&hilit=serial#p38985

I have already done everything on my end that is in that thread. The 4th tech said my serial number was valid and he is the one that actually gave me a case number. But that was over a week ago and I still have not had anyone from upper level support call me back.
#39348 by Bill D
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:19 pm
randyb359 wrote:For what it is worth I am able to send and receive faxes using a scout since I had the codec changed to the higher quality one

When you say "since I had the codec changed"....do you mean since you had the codec changed by your dialing *99 before the number... or are you referring to having another type of "change" to the codec.
Bill
#39369 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Groundhound wrote:If you delete the Scout as an assigned device so that both numbers are shared, do the Hub and Scout work normally? That is, both numbers ring on both devices?

No, I get static on the scout if I try and make an outbound call no matter what I do.

As a test, I just went and deleted my Scout and the re-entered it and my second phone number disapeared! This is a "Bad Thing" as there are no more numbers in our area!!!
#39376 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:15 pm
What happens if you call the second number from your cell?
A Scout does not need to be entered into your my.ooma account for it to operate as a shared device. When you deleted it did you try to place a call before you re-entered it?
#39377 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:25 pm
Groundhound wrote:What happens if you call the second number from your cell?
A Scout does not need to be entered into your my.ooma account for it to operate as a shared device. When you deleted it did you try to place a call before you re-entered it?

That was what I tried first of all and then I found the way to un-share them trying to fix it. If the Scout is hooked up at all, incoming calls get 1 ring and then static. When I had the 2nd number assigned to only to the scout it never worked, only went to voicemail.

This is why I think I have a defective Scout. If I unplug it, the hub works normal. The distinctive ring for the second number worked too. As soon as the scout is plugged in, it all goes to hell in a hand-basket.

Now I am really bummed about that second number as they were in consecutive order!
#39381 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:42 pm
The Scout may well be defective. Your number, obviously, should not have disappeared as a result of deleting the Scout - perhaps it not showing is another website problem. I'd call customer service in the morning and make sure it is still in your account. I know you don't have much faith that they can do anything for you, but it should be pretty straightforward for them to determine the status of your number.
#39407 by randyb359
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:33 am
Bill D wrote:
randyb359 wrote:For what it is worth I am able to send and receive faxes using a scout since I had the codec changed to the higher quality one

When you say "since I had the codec changed"....do you mean since you had the codec changed by your dialing *99 before the number... or are you referring to having another type of "change" to the codec.
Bill

I emailed dpeng and asked him to turn on the G711 codec on my phone #. It is the same as hitting *99 except it is on all the time. It use to be an option on the web page but was removed because so many people were asking for it
Last edited by randyb359 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#39415 by Lee
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:17 am
As far as hijacking goes, I think not. If you only wanted people with stellar experience and no real life issues to contribute, then I think you should have stated that in the first post. I also don't think that one post about how great ooma is makes you THE unofficial ambassador of ooma good news - there are really many of us so you are in good company. There are also hundreds of posts on the forum that talk about solving problems, and showing the customer experience being good in the end.

Wow! You gotta be kidding me, southbound. First of all, I was kidding about being "the" unofficial ambassador of Ooma good news. And you felt the need to target that innocent statement to criticize?

Secondly, there are "real life" issues (as you call them) throughout this forum. That's what it's here for. Why take one thread about a specific subject and change it to something else? That's why the forum is setup with categories so each issue can be dealt with within that category. In case you don't understand, that's done to help people using the forum in finding solutions to problems they might be having, too. There's no need for someone who is trying to find a solution for poor voice quality to read the Installation category if they aren't having installation problems (unless they just want to). You, being an employee of Ooma, should be the first one to try and keep known issues within their categories. In other forums like this there are staff called Moderators who over-see the forum and actually move posts that were posted in the wrong categories. Why? As I said, to help people who use the forum find solutions to their problems as quickly as possible.

You stated the, "there are also hundreds of posts on the forum that talk about solving problems and showing customer experience being good in the end." I agree and I stated that very thing when commenting that Ooma Customer Support needed "work" but the forum was doing a great job of helping customers with problems. When a thread is started about customers good experience with Ooma and then in the middle there is someone with yet another problem, when there is a whole forum of folks having problems...

I noticed a week or so ago you lit into someone else for making what I though was a VERY innocent statement. You literally nailed them to the wall verbally and in the end said, "OK. rant off." Now it's me. I think you have some serious anger management problems and probably should not be acting as any company's representative. You take things too personally and evidently feel the overwhelming need to "put the offending person in their place." If I was Ooma management, and you did this twice on my forum, you'd be moved to a more suitable job for your personality and away from dealing with the public.

Don't worry about me, southbound, I can assure you I will not be trying to start any more threads about my good experience with Ooma. As for you, please take a deep breath and relax. I can assure you that verbally reprimanding current customers for statements you might not agree agree with, when your phone support department does not have the best reputation, is not in Ooma's best interest.
Last edited by Lee on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.