Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38857 by jawj52
Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 pm
Hi all,
I am trying to get the dial tone for my Ooma around the house. I've connected a phone line from the Ooma to the wall jack. Have disconnected both the plugs and wires from phone interface outside. No dial tone and the satellite receiver doesn't detect the dial tone either. I have read a few of the other posts on this subject and thought I was doing everything suggested.

We have Comcast cable modem to Ooma to router. We also have a Telo handset.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe
#38858 by murphy
Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:28 pm
Did you connect the phone jack to the house wiring? The wall jack is only used to integrate a land line.
#38859 by dsinternet
Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:58 pm
Here is what I would do.
Plug a regular phone directly into the Ooma Telo. See if you get a dial tone. If you get a dial tone, then you know your Ooma is working correctly; now unplug the regular phone from the Ooma Telo and connect a phone wire from the Ooma Telo to your wall jack.
#38864 by jawj52
Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:06 pm
Thanks Murphy,

That was the fly in the ointment! We have dial tone around the house and the satellite tv company is back to keeping an eye on us.

Joe
#38999 by bigheadbob
Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:43 pm
what if you have a dsl signal coming in on that same phone jack ? I tried using a splitter and still cant get the dialtone to get to the next jack.