Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#2165 by EllenB5
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:16 pm
My apartment includes high speed Internet access. I simply plug an ethernet cable into a wall jack and have service. I cannot figure out how to install the Ooma since I don't have a cable modem.

My Internet connection can be set up with or without a router, and I tried connecting the Ooma both: directly using the ethernet cable and through the router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
#2167 by AngelaKendig
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:19 pm
EllenB5 wrote:My apartment includes high speed Internet access. I simply plug an ethernet cable into a wall jack and have service. I cannot figure out how to install the Ooma since I don't have a cable modem.

My Internet connection can be set up with or without a router, and I tried connecting the Ooma both: directly using the ethernet cable and through the router.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reboot the Ooma hub. Check to see if it is pulling an IP address in the setup menu. Beg your appt mgr to reboot the router for you.
#2169 by atici
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm
It should be the same with a cable modem. Treat the instructions in the manual as if the wall jack is the cable modem output.

If you are using a router, you can place ooma either behind or in front of the router. If the router is behind ooma, access ooma settings and place the router in the DMZ (demilitarized zone). If the ooma is behind the router, also try placing ooma in the DMZ.