Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38276 by robertwblatz
Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:16 am
I need to install my Scout using Homeplugs as I have no phone outlet in the room it's going in. Prior to purchasing the Homeplugs I contacted Ooma support and was told the Scout would wok with them. I've not been able to get the Scout to work, so I'm open to suggestions.

What I've done so far is to connect the Scout directly to the hub to ensure that it works correctly and it does; Blue light comes on and phone connected to the Scout works fine. I than connected a phone line between the Wall jack on the Hub and the input of the "master" Homeplug light on it should turn from Red to Green if working correctly but it doesn't, it stays Red.

If I connect the phone output on the Hub to the Homeplug to light on the Homeplug turns Green and I can connect a phone to the remote Homeplug and the phone will work.

Has anyone successfully connected a Scout using Homeplugs?

Thanks,

Bob
#38334 by robertwblatz
Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 pm
Thanks for your pointer, but I've already checked out that information and it doesn't pertain to the Scout.

I've also recently received and email reply from Ooma support stating that Homeplugs can't be used with the Scout. This conflicts with the information I received for the support person that I talked to that stated that I could use Homeplugs.

Bob
#38515 by abe
Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 pm
Hi Robert
I think what you need for your system is not homeplug, you need wireless phone jack which is much cheaper than homeplug.
By plugging this in any electric outlet you can get a phone jack. I hope this helps.
#38618 by raxxal
Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:53 pm
You should not have any problem using HomePlug a.k.a Ethernet-over-power. I am using it, and my TELO is a happy camper.