Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37650 by Shutterstuff
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:58 am
I have my Ooma box and Scout. I now want to port my 2 numbers from Vonage. I have a static IP in my Linksys/Vonage router. How can I hook up the Ooma? Will it work behind the Vonage box and then can I put the static IP in the Ooma? My frustration is Ooma has done a good job for the novice as far as installation goes in a normal home setup, but I have fiber to my home with my own servers for my business. Ooma does not give enogh information for us advanced users... and I seem to know more than the "english as second language" support people...
#37652 by Declama
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:09 am
I have a vonage system as well. I am not sure what you are trying to do, but you can actually unplug your Vonage router all together and have have your Vonage calls routed to ooma. This is what I have done and it works for me with no issues.

But... if you want to keep both VOIP systems running in parallel, obviously, this won't help.
#37663 by Shutterstuff
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am
The static IP is the issue here as I guess I need to replace my other router that bricked on me when I flashed it. Right now my Vonage box is my router. I wanted to get my Ooma running ASAP so I can port the numbers.
#37665 by murphy
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 am
Shutterstuff wrote:The static IP is the issue here as I guess I need to replace my other router that bricked on me when I flashed it. Right now my Vonage box is my router. I wanted to get my Ooma running ASAP so I can port the numbers.

In that case, plug the ooma modem(internet) port into the Vonage router. As long as the Vonage router is not assigning addresses in the 172.27.35.xx range it should work.