Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37618 by schmitz33
Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 am
I have had a couple of issues with my ooma, and now have unplugged it because I am so unhappy. Can someone please help me sort through these issues? I have called customer support 3 times and its been so frustrating getting help, 1. because the knowledge level of the help was poor at best. 2. I have been told completley different things about the same problem, 3. The thick accent of the 3 support people have been so thick that Im asking them to repeat what they said more than helping me on my problem.

So here are the problems.

1. The power adapter, still is lose and falls out easily. I have been sent a new one, but this appears to be a major design flaw.

2. I had my Ooma plug in infront of everything else, so all the internet went through the ooma before the router. When I was not on a call, the internet was still slowed down tremendously when the ooma was plugged in (1.2mbs?). When I took the ooma off the speed went back to normal 6-10 mbs?. Keep in mind this was with no call taking place.

3. Sometimes I would get a horrible delay when making a phone call. We would play a game, I would say "go" and as soon as the person on the other line would hear it, they would say "go" back. Sometimes there would be a 3-5 second delay

Can anyone help me trouble shoot?
#37631 by bw1
Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 am
Is the replacement power connector also loose? If so, I would contact that email to tell them that the replacement is also no good.

I see from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4834
that you have a Telo.

Did you get your configuration problem solved and now have dial tone?

Go here: http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
and run a speed test and post your results. Click on Advanced and View text to see the details to post.

Do you have DSL or cable internet?
Did you adjust QOS at all?
#49160 by Bertena
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:02 am
My plug easily falls out of the telo as well. At times the unit just powers off. I no longer have the telo in front of the modem, out connected into my wireless adapter as the internet kept going down.