Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37608 by just4fn
Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:16 am
I've been having trouble with the internet, it has been disconnecting but immediately reconnects. What I don't know is how long this has been happening. It wasn't a problem until I would try to steam a movie. I knew it was either the Cable modem, router or the hub which was in between the router and the modem. I tried power cycle all three components- didn't work. My configuration was: Modem>hub>router>Telo

I removed the hub and put it after the router and now it is fine and does not disconnect. Anybody know why? Should I have put in a static ip?

I was also having trouble with my Telo with the configuration modem>hub>router>Telo. I could call another hub with the telo but could not hear anything. With the configuration modem>router>Telo>hub, the Telo now works fine.

P.S. I tried daisy chain in the setup but I could not get any voice out of the telo which I thought was strange.

Thanks
#37643 by murphy
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:17 am
If you daisy chain a hub and a Telo you must change the IP address range that one of them issues.
They both default to the same IP address range. Change the third octet of one of them from 35 to 36.
The routing is impossible if you don't.
#37682 by southsound
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm
cruzitude wrote:I didn't think you could have a Hub and a Telo on the same connection (why would you?)

Murphy is right about changing the IP address. I have my system configured as follows: Actiontec modem/router > hub > FS116 switch > Telo. It works well!

As to why a person would have both, in my case I was doing some testing but have found the extra numbers to be extremely helpful. We run a small non-profit organization out of our home and it allows us to answer that org's phone with the proper greeting. Some people with teenagers will also find the ability to have multiple lines (beyond the two per device) so everyone can have their own number and be on the phone at the same time. ooma devices have a limit of two simultaneous conversations although you can have many more numbers per device. :cool: