Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37539 by murphy
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm
oomg wrote:Now, so long as I am not using the second line that is assigned to the Scout, two separate calls can be completed on the primary line at the same time if two separate cordless systems are used. Of course, if two calls are being made at the same time on my primary number (by using separate base station cordless systems), I cannot make an outgoing call on the second number assigned to the Scout.

That's the way that it works. There are only two physical lines, hence the 1 and 2 buttons. The first call made, no matter whether it is on the shared device or the personal device, will use physical line 1. The next call made will use physical line 2.
Once both lines are in use, that's it. The next incoming call goes to voice mail.
#37545 by oomg
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:18 pm
murphy wrote:
oomg wrote:Now, so long as I am not using the second line that is assigned to the Scout, two separate calls can be completed on the primary line at the same time if two separate cordless systems are used. Of course, if two calls are being made at the same time on my primary number (by using separate base station cordless systems), I cannot make an outgoing call on the second number assigned to the Scout.

That's the way that it works. There are only two physical lines, hence the 1 and 2 buttons. The first call made, no matter whether it is on the shared device or the personal device, will use physical line 1. The next call made will use physical line 2.
Once both lines are in use, that's it. The next incoming call goes to voice mail.

Correct... but I was surprised to find out that two calls could be made over the one number (my primary number) at the same time. Does not default to the second number.
#37548 by murphy
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 pm
oomg wrote:Correct... but I was surprised to find out that two calls could be made over the one number (my primary number) at the same time. Does not default to the second number.

That is the instant second line feature of Premier. If you don't subscribe to Premier, it will go away when the Premier trial expires.
#37759 by oomg
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:46 pm
murphy wrote:
oomg wrote:Correct... but I was surprised to find out that two calls could be made over the one number (my primary number) at the same time. Does not default to the second number.

That is the instant second line feature of Premier. If you don't subscribe to Premier, it will go away when the Premier trial expires.

Correct again... but I fully intend on continuing with Premier... may even opt for the lifetime deal.
#37777 by amarryat
Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:22 am
oomg wrote:
murphy wrote:
Correct... but I was surprised to find out that two calls could be made over the one number (my primary number) at the same time. Does not default to the second number.

If you separate the numbers in my.ooma.com so that one is associated with the hub, and the other is associated with the scout, then they will act like completely separate lines. Once I got that change made, the call from the line attached to the scout always uses the second number.