Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37193 by ckf5500
Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 pm
I have plugged a POT to the "phone" jack on the back of the Telo. It makes outgoing calls just fine but it won't ring when an incoming call happens. The telo handset rings just fine on an incoming call but nothing from the POT phone. My intensions are to plug the entire home (wired) distribution into the Telo but I can't even get one handset to ring much less six. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
#37197 by murphy
Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:18 pm
Did you disconnect the inside wiring from all external phone company connections?
#37208 by hpepper
Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Also, are you sure the plain old telephone is working ringing? How about the ringer switch on the phone? Most phones have them. Next try calling your Ooma number with a cell phone, then pick up the POT when you hear the ringing on the cell and see if it answers.
#37223 by ckf5500
Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:26 pm
The Telo was not connected to the house at the time I tested it. I just had the POT phone plugged directly into the Telo "phone" jack. I will make sure that I test the POT phone on the regular house system to make sure the ringer works. I don't have any reason to beleive it isn't working but I will check anyway. Do you have any other phones (POT) hooked up to your Telo system? And, do they ring when you have an incoming call?