Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36762 by Clicktor
Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 am
I've been using the Ooma Hub for about a month, and am very pleased with the QoS. The same isn't true, however, for the Scout. I get the blue light on the Scout, and can access voicemail from it with no problem. But any phone I plug into it doesn't work properly. I get a very distorted dial tone, or none at all, and can't dial out. Attempting to answer incoming calls works ona few occasions, but more commonly the call just gets dropped. Usuallly, after I try to use a phone plugged into the Scout, the Scout itself loses the blue light, and goes through the reconnecting process again, before the blue light comes on. One possible cause might be the phone wiring in the house, which I'm not terribly confident of. I have no landline, so the wiring hasn't been used in a while. But it connects fine to the voicemail, so I'm stumped. Any advice?
#36765 by murphy
Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 am
You say you have no land line. Has the house ever had a land line?
They leave voltage on the wires when service is terminated and a few phone companies have been know to leave a dial tone so you can call to order service or dial 911. Make certain that your house wiring is disconnected from the outside world.