Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36576 by holmes
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 am
I am trying to connect my Ooma hub and include my Vonage modem until my # is ported. I can make outbound calls but can not receive any incoming calls. Have spoken to 4 different Tier 1 Customer Support reps that have no idea how to configure this. Does anyone have any ideas? Thx!
#36580 by murphy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 am
Connect the ooma and Vonage units to your router. Putting them in series in front of the router is problematic.
#36583 by ntoy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am
Hello,

I see your account is configured as Landline with your Ooma.

As a suggestion:
You can change your Ooma number(currently your Vonage number) to a temporary number.
Log into your Vonage account or call them to have all calls forward to the Ooma temporary number after the switch is made.

With this, there is no need to have the Vonage box plugged in.

Your configuration would be:
Modem>Ooma

Give our support represeantatives a call to make the switch.

1-888-711-6662
#36595 by ntoy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 am
Hello,

You may not have rec'd all of the details with landline configuratiuon. It really depends on the customer & how they want to be configured. With the Vonage number configured as landline with your Ooma, you must connect the Vonage phoneline(RJ11 connector) to the "Wall" port on the Ooma hub/telo in order for Ooma to go into service. This would work, but the Vonage line is VOIP just like us & not like copper lines like AT&T which would be true landline for example.

Currently your account shows landline configuration with your Vonage number which is the number you are porting.
I can assume that you have AT&T DSL service. Dryloop would not be applicable unless the number was tied to your DSL & the same number you are trying to port.
#36611 by holmes
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am
Thank you for suggesting I forward my Vonage # to a temporary Ooma #. This seems to be working properly now. It would be VERY helpful to future Ooma customers wih this set up. Please pass this info. on to Tier 1 CS. This would have saved me many of my cell phone minutes...and Tier 1's time as well.