Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36225 by Date
Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 pm
I signed up for the Premier having the home phone number ported. Getting the second number is a bit more of a problem, it appears that the area code and first 3 prefixes are not available within my local area. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem. So far all is working well and I'm happy with the system. Any suggestion. Regards
#36253 by tommies
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm
You may want to call CS and add for a number within your local exchange. It does not hurt to ask.
#36254 by Davesworld
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:24 pm
Also, the number availability or lack of therein is only relevant at the exact moment you checked as this is very dynamic and changes at least daily as far as I can tell.
#36322 by Date
Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:39 am
CS said nothing is available. Emailed management about this, as CS asked me to, nothing in return. I am porting my AT&T land line for the first No#. The second is still up in the air. I did request a Google Voice, nothing in return. I can get a number within the area code, but it is still considered long distance if called locally. As Davesworld suggested I can keep checking, and I will. Other than that I feel I can either settle for a 2nd no# beginning long distant or remove the Scout. Regards
#36325 by murphy
Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:17 am
Do you have family or friends somewhere else in the country?
Get a number that is local to them so they can call you for free.
#36348 by Date
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 am
Yes my wife and I are taken that into consideration also. Almost all members in the family either have cell phones with local and long distance included, Vonage or Charter.
I guess after thinking about it, what diference would it all really make anyway. Our AT&T land line no# is being ported
and that is local. Thank You.