Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35903 by marvin
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:12 pm
i completed installation of telo unit using option 2B. unit logo flashed red for awhile the turned blue. all keys were blue. i tried making a phone call got a dial tone but got a busy signal on all numbers i dialed even ones i knew would not be busy. tried calling my ooma phone with cell phone and was successful.
unplugged telo for 30sec then replugged in. had some flashing symbols for awhile then all turned blue except answering system play button is flashing red ( what does this mean? ) and still get dial tone but get busy signal when calling out.
any suggestions?
#35906 by murphy
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:22 pm
Play button flashing red means that someone has left you a voice mail message. Push the button to play the message.
#35907 by marvin
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm
I tried pushing playback button it played back a busy signal. tried sending it to trash no luck. rebooted telo by unplugging 5sec replugging then holding down stop and trash buttons when logo flashed blue/red reboot seemed successful but same problems exist.also now if i call telo with cell phone it rings but when i answer i hear a busy signal.
#35916 by marvin
Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm
i have a seimens integrated wireless router so i am plugging the ethernet cable into the to internet connection on telo and to an ethernet connection on the wireless router. i am not using a land line and selected a new phone # in setup. my phone is connected to the phone connection on the telo. nowhere in setup is there anything about having to put an IP address into the routers DMZ. Also in setup it says to pick up phone then press play key on telo and follow voice promps to set up voice mail. when i do this i hear nothing.
#35918 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:04 pm
marvin wrote:nowhere in setup is there anything about having to put an IP address into the routers DMZ.

Setup does not include instructions for all contingencies. Sometimes routers block ports and using the router's DMZ function is an easy way to pass all ports to the Telo. This may not solve your problem, but it will not hurt and it may help.