Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35720 by hadam
Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 pm
I just got my Ooma Hub and services. I love the system and services.

I want to port my land line number and still keep my land line without missing all the future of Ooma. Is it possible??

If not then can I port my land number to Ooma and assign new number to my land line??

I don't love my land line, only reason I like to keep my land line is for ADT security system. They don't want to accept Ooma and VoIP for their alarm system.

Please reply before I port my existing land number.
#35729 by davek
Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm
If you port your land line number, your number gets closed. You would have to open a second landline number.
#35738 by hadam
Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:32 pm
davek, thanks for reply.

So what should I do before I request Ooma to Port my current land line number? Do I need to tell Verizon that I need to add second line? And I am porting my first line number. What about my Verizon DSL? Do I need to notify Verizon to keep my DSL even after my primary phone number get ported to Ooma?

Once my number is port do I need to tell ADT security that I got new (second line number).
#35741 by tommies
Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 pm
If you want to keep your number, you don't have to port it, just select a new number form ooma. You can choose to intergrate your land line with ooma, that is, incoming call to your land line will ring on ooma too. All incoming calls and local calls are using land line, and only long distance calls are using ooma.
#35757 by hadam
Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 pm
I don't want to integrate my land line. I just want to port my current land line phone number to Ooma. I will still keep my land line with new phone number.

Do I need to have second line active on Verizon land line before I request to port my land line home phone number??