Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35526 by sh0612
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am
I have 3 lines currently and I want to replace the high bill with the Telo.

I have 2 Telo units now and found out Telo cant call forward to a Telo number.

I only want to use my current 4 line phones. I dont mind buying a 3rd Telo unit, but I need to have the call forward and still save on the high phone phone bill with AT&T.
The way I am using my current landlines is I have CFB , so if I am on line 1, then it forwards to line 2, if busy then line 3, if busy then to my answering service.

Any ideas on setting up Telo so it works this way, even if I had 3 Telo units (no telo handsets) and 3 landlines setup to forward back to the telo numbers.

Im afraid im not thinking this thru and before I spend more money I wanted to know if anyone else out there has tried this or has any ideas.
#38034 by In Box
Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:42 am
I'd like to something similar, but haven't figured out how it can be done with what is currently available. AFAIK, the premier call forwarding feature is a simple call forwarding. I don't think there are any major hurdles to implementing a call forward busy feature, but they just haven't gotten around to doing it or gotten enough requests to make this a priority. I know several people who consider this a deal breaker and haven't purchased Telo or Ooma Hub solely for lack of this feature. I hope they implement it soon.
#38040 by Groundhound
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 am
sh0612 wrote:I have 3 lines currently and I want to replace the high bill with the Telo.

I have 2 Telo units now and found out Telo cant call forward to a Telo number.

I only want to use my current 4 line phones. I dont mind buying a 3rd Telo unit, but I need to have the call forward and still save on the high phone phone bill with AT&T.
The way I am using my current landlines is I have CFB , so if I am on line 1, then it forwards to line 2, if busy then line 3, if busy then to my answering service.

Any ideas on setting up Telo so it works this way, even if I had 3 Telo units (no telo handsets) and 3 landlines setup to forward back to the telo numbers.

Im afraid im not thinking this thru and before I spend more money I wanted to know if anyone else out there has tried this or has any ideas.

I don't know a way to do what you want now with the Telo. Each Telo can handle two lines that roll over if there is one wireless Telo Handset plus at least one handset connected to the Telo's wired phone port, but that falls short of what you want, which sounds like a small business application. Current Ooma products are restricted to residential use, although using a second line for a low-volume home office is OK. Ooma has announced intentions of introducing an SMB product in 2010, and separately has hinted at some new product/feature announcements at CES on Jan. 7, so maybe something geared more toward your needs is forthcoming - but that's just speculation.