Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35134 by Cyd
Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:58 pm
Problem solved. It was a flaky ethernet cable.

Not being able to connect when I plugged the Hub into an open port on my router was bothering me, so I kept trying that configuration. I noticed the light flickering on the router when I moved the cable (even slightly). I dug a spare ethernet cable out of my laptop case and swapped it out for the one that came with the Hub, rebooted everything and got a blue light (woo-hoo!). I've since moved the connection over to my cordless base station and I'm able to dial out, receive calls (all 4 handsets seem to be working) and still access the internet via my wireless network - so, I think I'm good for now.

Thanks for all of the assistance!
#35168 by OomaZooma
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:37 am
WayneDsr wrote:Great! It goes to show sometimes the biggest problems are just a simple fix away. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Wayne

Wayne,

I agree with your comment. I work in the IT field and you tend to think that most problems are complex and require extensive troubleshooting only to find out it was something simple as a bad or loose cable. After a while you learn to check the most obvious issues and work towards the more complex possibilities to resolve issues. It saves you a lot of time and aggravation.

Good job Cyd on noticing the bad cable!

Gary