Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34472 by schmitz33
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm
I got my telo, followed the directions and then waited for the telo to stop flashing red. Eventually it stoped and didnt flash at all, just no color (white), then it went blank (no colors or lights anywhere). I realized that my power cord stinks and wont stay in. Plug it back it and the numbers 1 & 2 turn BLUE, then after several seconds the 1 & 2 go un-lit (white) and the reverse stop play and fastforward buttons turn blue and stay blue. The whole time this happens the OOMA logo stays un-lit (white).
2 questions

1. What in the heck do I do about this power cord? I sent an e-mail like it said to do in the sticky - but I never recieved a confirmation or anything.

2. Whats the deal with my telo - why isnt it working and why isnt the logo lit up like its suppose to be?

Thanks in advance for your help
#34474 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 pm
As far as the power cord goes you need a replacement. Did you email telo_power_adapter@ooma.com ?
You also may want to email Bobby B by clicking on the envelope below his name.

As far as the logo not lit up, are all the keys black (white, whatever) If so tap the Brightness key once to turn the lights on. It's the one that looks like the sun.

Wayne
#34483 by southsound
Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:28 pm
And welcome to ooma and to the forums. Lots of really nice people here who are always happy to help with any issues you might encounter. :cool:
#34497 by schmitz33
Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:52 am
I did e-mail but never recieved a confirmation or anything

tapping the brightness button DOES NOT Work- MY OOMA does not work __ I cannot make phone calls or get a dial tone

I think I need to re-go through the downloading of firmware that it did in the begining but cant figure out how