Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#61878 by brebro
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:31 am
I was having the same problem. Holding down the left softkey button and the 0 on the handset and tapping the red key while the handset was off did not work for me the first time, but after I did it a second time, the unit finally entered the registration screen mode and I was able to input the PIN and get it registered.
#62081 by dsholden
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:29 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Turn off the handset by holding down the red phone key.
Hold down the left softkey button and the 0 on the handset and tap the red key again.
This should reset the phone and it should start searching. Make sure the telo antenna key is blinking.

If it still keeps searching, push the menu key. I believe it will say REGISTER HANDSET. Hit the BACK soft key. This should put it back to pin number screen.

Wayne

I had the same problem but after following your instructions my handset is registered. Why aren't these simple instructions in the quick setup guide?

Thanks for your advice. Go Ooma!!
Don
#62372 by Elwood
Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 am
We have spent 6 hours so far today trying to set up this system. Finally get to handset register. We followed EVERY instruction in this topic above. Nothing, but nothing, works. Any more suggestion besides throwing it against the wall?
Elwood