Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34102 by sean
Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:23 pm
i received my Ooma handset earlier today. i've charged it for a few hours now and directions said to wait at least 1/2 hour before setting it up. Well, i can get my Ooma Telo to have the "A" thing flash, but even with the handset an inch away it never prompts me to enter my PIN. also, if i ever get the prompt, my handset does not have an OK softkey (unless it's something else on the handset). TIA.
#34103 by Aveamantium
Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 pm
turn off the HS (hold the hangup key). Press the page key (A key that you mentioned) until it starts blinking. Turn the HS back on by taping the hangup key. You should see Auto Registration then it should prompt you to enter your pin. If it doesn't, hit the menu key and then the "back" soft key. Once you enter the pin it should say registration successful (or the like) and go back to the main screen. The "ok" soft key is the -- button on the left and right top side of the keys. It is called a soft key because they do different things depending on what the screen says.
#34123 by oomamax
Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm
When I follow that procedure, my handset just says "Searching". It was previously linked to a different Telo - do I need to reinitialize or something?
#34124 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:37 pm
oomamax wrote:When I follow that procedure, my handset just says "Searching". It was previously linked to a different Telo - do I need to reinitialize or something?

Make sure you hold the "A" antenna button on the Telo down for 5 seconds until it blinks. This puts the Telo in pairing mode.

Wayne
#34126 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:12 pm
oomamax wrote:Did all that - still just says "Searching"

Turn off the handset by holding down the red phone key.
Hold down the left softkey button and the 0 on the handset and tap the red key again.
This should reset the phone and it should start searching. Make sure the telo antenna key is blinking.

If it still keeps searching, push the menu key. I believe it will say REGISTER HANDSET. Hit the BACK soft key. This should put it back to pin number screen.

Wayne
#34135 by oomamax
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm
When I go thru those steps, pushing menu button gives "HS SW Update" in white text with black background. Is the handset trying to udate software? What next? Thanks.
#34137 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:07 pm
oomamax wrote:When I go thru those steps, pushing menu button gives "HS SW Update" in white text with black background. Is the handset trying to udate software? What next? Thanks.

Push the left soft key (should say BACK). This seems to get the handset back to registering mode.

Wayne