Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#1820 by chapmoreno
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Hi!

I've registered the ooma, spoken to someone and signed up for premier.

The ethernet cords that came with the box don't fit all that well. Took one of my own ethernet cords and they fit much better. Green lights on the left bottom.

I have an ARRIS telephonic modem with two lines (it's a modem and router). I have plugged Ooma into the router. I get blinking lights saying ooma does not connect.

I have been on hold for about an hour now, and it's getting really really old. Any help? Thanks in advance

Mike
#1862 by Robin S
Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:21 pm
I can't connect either. It ain't rocket science, but apparently I'm doing something wrong. My cable modem is connected to the ooma and it appears to be communicating, but the red ooma light just keeps flashing. No phone service at all. Tried it with a phone line plugged into the wall and without. Rebooted everything multiple times. I don't know what else to try. I activated beforehand, signed up for the Premier account. I did ask to have my number ported. What else could there be?
#1863 by frenchcamp49er
Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:27 pm
Did you plug the ethernet cable into the right port of the ooma device? I plugged in the wring port at first at all it did was blink red, once I got the port right it went to blue in a couple of minutes.