Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#31442 by morgancharles
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm
Hi...Would love advice on setting up my ideal phone set-up, or as close to it as possible. We have a dedicated DSL line (no landline on it). We would like to have a hub for our home phone, and we would like to have a hub for our home office. And ideally, we would like our home office phone to offer callers the choice of two different mail boxes to leave messages.
This is the ideal-- (to be clear-- one dsl/isp and two separate phone numbers and separate answering machines, both of which would work at the same time).

This seems possible, but I can't quite get my head around how to do it. I have one ooma hub set up with modem and airport (mac router) and it works great. I actually bought a second ooma hub, but am unsure what do to set up a second office line--- and on top of that, how to offer two separate mailboxes to callers on that line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks. Charlie
#31448 by tommies
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Also, inbound DTMF will not work with ooma hub/ooma core. If you want two VM with your home office, there is the Premier, which offer two phone numbers with distinct VM's.

For setting up the two hubs, I recomment to put them both behind the router, and change the MODEM port MAC address to use its own build in MAC(on Network page) and copy HOME port ip onto itsown DMZ(Advanced page). Then taking note of the MODEM port ip address(on Status page). You can access ooma Hub setup page using these ip addresses from within your home LAN.

You need to temporary connecting a pc to the hub HOME port to do the above recommendations.