Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#31348 by wasaland
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 am
Hi everyone,

I have an ooma telo on the way (very excited about it! :D ) and two different panasonic cordless phones (to be used in different rooms). my question is: Can I use those phones with ooma telo?

any information is appreciated

Thanks in advanced :)
#31350 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:47 am
Any phones can be plugged into the Telo base unit.
Please remember when you get the unit, give it plenty of time to update. Usually takes from 30 minutes to an hour.

Wayne
#31352 by southsound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:02 pm
wasaland wrote:Thank you WayneDsr, but how about if I want to use two phone in two different rooms?

You can use any (reasonable) number of phones or cordless base stations connected to the Telo's phone port. But it is important to realize that without the Telo handsets, you will only be able to make one call at a time. You need the Telo proprietary handset to have access to the second line and some of the other Premier features.
#31353 by Wilsonium
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:05 pm
Also worth pointing out is the advanced configuration with home wiring integration. This way any phone jack in your home could potentially be used. This is described in the Quick Start Guide. I have my Telo connected to my home wiring and on incoming calls all the phones in my home ring. Works great for me!
#31354 by wasaland
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm
so as long as I connect the telo to any phone jack in my house, then all the other phone jacks will work right?

btw, any information on how much will the telo handset cost?
#31359 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 pm
wasaland wrote:Thanks,

I just look at some documentation regarding "ooma home distribution (https://www.ooma.com/homedistribution)" and its telling me that I need to have a free landline. but I want to import my phone number from the phone company that I am using right now. what solution do I have for this?

Take another look, it says in the first option that your landline is disconnected. Isn't that what you want? If not and you want to keep your landline, you will need to use a second wire pair (the one your landline is not using) to extend Telo's dialtone to your other jacks.