Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#31314 by Sylvia Hayes
Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:52 am
I had to call customer support to get my Telo to work yesterday. It ended up being set up with just one change in my original connection. We had to use the ethernet cable going from the router to the Telo's Internet connection. We tried the instructions in the quick setup but I lost my internet connection. I am on a wired setup not wireless for my internet and computer network. I do not have an integrated modem/router, my modem and router are separate and I do have a switch. Everything is working, does this sound right?
#31317 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:09 am
That should work fine. The reason your attempt to connect directly to your modem did not work may have been an issue with the MAC address for the Ooma needing to be updated in the modem. That can be overcome but if it's working now it may not be worth messing with.
#31320 by Sylvia Hayes
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:14 am
Thanks for the reassurance, I just hope there is no issue down the road. But I suppose it will be handled with software upgrades?
#31322 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am
With the Telo behind your router you may need to configure the router's QoS settings, but I wouldn't make any changes unless you begin to have call quality issues.
#31324 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 am
I have an ooma hub and Telo and both are connected this way and never have any quality issues.

Wayne
#31345 by Sylvia Hayes
Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 am
Thanks for the replies, I do have a less than superior phone hooked to the Telo right now until my number is ported so any quality issues I am putting down to a phone that we never used anyhow. It is a cordless old Panasonic.
#31389 by Sylvia Hayes
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:34 pm
We put our latest phone (a Uniden with voice mail indicator light) on the Telo this evening. Both my husband and I thought it sounded better than our AT&T line. When we went back to AT&T we thought there was some degradation in our connection.

About the indicator light on our other phones, will they work with Ooma once we are totally on Ooma?
#31390 by southsound
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 pm
The hub and Telo both put out a standard Visual Message Waiting signal that nearly all phones can identify and turn on their MW light. I use the Uniden DECT 6.0 1580-5 (five handsets, about $80 at some stores when on sale) and it works flawlessly.

Glad that you are finding the Telo to be superior to your old ATT connection. We love our systems (we have both the hub and the Telo). Welcome to the ooma family!
#31397 by jmassimilla
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:57 pm
Sylvia Hayes wrote:We put our latest phone (a Uniden with voice mail indicator light) on the Telo this evening. Both my husband and I thought it sounded better than our AT&T line. When we went back to AT&T we thought there was some degradation in our connection.

About the indicator light on our other phones, will they work with Ooma once we are totally on Ooma?

I have a Verizon Fios landline and Ooma sound quality is very noticably better. I have both Uniden and Panasonic phones connected to my Ooma systems and as Southsound said, the VM indicators work flawlessly.