Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#1660 by forest
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:41 pm
I am just now transferring over from Vonage and having received my temporary number, I am already able to make calls that are far superior in quality. Phenomenally easy five minute setup. I also paid for a Premier account, anticipating I will be transferring my two numbers and I really like the block features.

On Vonage I had a second number that went directly to voicemail. It's a number I use for occasional business (semi-retired) related calls and one I also placed into online forms and gave to potential telemarketing list sellers.

I would like to transfer that number at the same time I transfer my main Vonage number. If I want to have the same type of setup (the second number goes directly to voicemail without disturbing me) do I need to purchase a Scout or can this be accomplished via some other method?
#1661 by scots
Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:30 pm
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I believe you would assign the "voicemail only" number to a Scout and then turn on the "Do Not Disturb" feature on that Scout. That would send all calls directly to voicemail without the phone ringing. You would also be able to use the phone connected to the Scout for outgoing calls if needed without having to turn off the "Do Not Disturb."