Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#29855 by mdevine
Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm
I have read all the post about slingbox issues.

I have a simple setup and cannot get it to work.

cable modem- ooma telo- home Wireless AP/switch (router with DHCP shut off).

Slingbox has static address on my network. Slingbox is wired into the AP/switch

Configured port forwarding on telo for both udp and tcp to the slingbox ip address.

Slingbox works fine on internal computers.

Slingbox does not work from "outside" connections.

Any ideas? Thanks
#29856 by Groundhound
Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:00 pm
You could try putting the slingbox in the Telo's DMZ in setup.ooma.com or, if that doesn't work, put the Telo behind the router (turn router DHCP back on) so traffic to/from the slingbox is not routed through the Telo.
#29857 by mdevine
Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm
I had the telo behind my home router (slingbox worked fine), but the voice quality was not good (drop outs and delay). download speed of 15M upload of 1.5M on my WAN. I now have the telo first to try and determine the voice issue.
#29871 by dknyinva
Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 pm
Try go into your telo setup url http://setup.ooma.com or IP address and change your DHCP Configuration to be the same for both. Set that same IP in the DMZ. Reboot your router, so when it comes backup it will get the IP that is assigned in the telo DHCP configuration. Post back if you have any questions
#29877 by mdevine
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:03 pm
Folks...operator error. I have a static address on my slingbox. This means that I manually entered in the default gateway. When I changed to using the ooma as my router, I needed to change the default gateway on the slingbox to the LAN IP address of the ooma Telo.

Thanks for the help anyways. Sorry for the false alarm.