Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#29557 by jinx1181
Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 pm
Just bought the old hub/scout combo and hooked everything up according to the documents and not getting internet connection and the hub isn't working either :|

Been trying with customer service for about 2 weeks now and never got a single call back, everytime I call them they give me a reference number and tell me to call back...sigh...had high hopes for this thing too...

Going to give this one more week then sending it back

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, my fios router is a Ultraline Series3 9100EM modem+wireless router combo
I've turned off the firewall as well, but no internet connect when I plug my computer into the home port on the hub and run the line from modem into my wan port.
#29571 by Groundhound
Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:20 am
jinx1181 wrote:If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, my fios router is a Ultraline Series3 9100EM modem+wireless router combo
I've turned off the firewall as well, but no internet connect when I plug my computer into the home port on the hub and run the line from modem into my wan port.

Double check your connection between your 9100EM and the Ooma Hub. The Ooma Hub's Modem port should be connected to one of your 9100EM's LAN ports (not its WAN port).
#29576 by lchan
Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 am
I am using the hub on Verizon FiOS without any problem. However, my Verizon router is ActionTec not a WestTell. You mentioned that yours is a modem/wireless router. For FiOS, there is no need for a modem. I think yours if just a wireless router like mine.

I put the hub after the router. ie, the WAN port of the hub and my home network are connected to two different ethernet ports on the router. With FiOS, there is enough bandwidth and QoS is not needed.

Do you see that the DHCP on the router assigned an IP address to the hub when connected? What are the colors of the buttons and tab on your hub?