Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#27619 by philb5
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:25 pm
I just got the Hub and Scout combo. It may be more than I need, as we only have one phone line. I picked provision landline during setup. My hub is plugged into the wall jack in the office near the router. I have a wireless phone plugged into the wall jack in the kitchen. When I pick up the wireless phone in the kitchen, I don't hear the Ooma ringtone. Nor does the line 1 indicator light up on the hub in the office. Does this sound correct, or is this just unique to the provision landline config? My assumption is that if I cut the AT&T cord altogether then I should hear the Ooma dialtone with this same configuration...

If the above config would work when I get rid of AT&T, would it also work with the Telo?

Thanks.

Phil.
#27621 by jazzyone
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 pm
If you want to you landline as a backup you'll need to hook up the the wall port of the hub to the wall plug, plug your scout's wall port the wall plug then plug your cordless phone into the phone port of the scout.

or you can just plug the cordless basestation to the phone port of the Hub.
#27622 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:42 pm
Your cordless phones should be connected to the Phone port of the ooma hub. If you have a Scout connected, you could also connect a cordless set of phones into the Scouts Phone port.

When you finally cancel your landline phone you can remove the telco connection in the outside telco box (removing stray voltage) and plug the hubs PHONE port to the wall jack making every wall jack in the house live to the ooma hub if you wanted to.

Yes, this would also work with a Telo.

Wayne