Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#27443 by epete
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am
Does the "Wall" port on the Ooma Hub have dual functionality?

1. Interfaces with the Scout.
2. Interfaces with landline for "Landline Providioning" feature

This is somewhat confusing to me. This means, if I had landline servive, I would vane both the landline service and signaling for the scout on the same wiring?

I guess you would not have any phones connect directly to the line anymore. All phones would than connect directly to the Scout?

I do not have landline service. I also have no way to disconnect my network from the outside as I live in a townhome and dont have access to the outside connection. I am asking because I have never connected my scout as I was afraid that if the landline were not fully disconnected and the "wall" port was not for landline support, than ring voltage could potentially damage my hardware.
#27444 by murphy
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 am
Yes the wall port has dual functionality. As long as the dead land line does not have a DSL signal on it it will work fine to connect your scout.
#29049 by epete
Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:39 am
I just realized my phone line does not have a jack in the kitchen where I want to place the scout. Will the hub communicate with the scout if I use one of those powerline wireless extension adapters where it converts an electrical outlet into a phone jack?