Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#28586 by digs
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:01 pm
As a new customer, I have installed Ooma as recommended, modem-Telo-router, but have problems with incoming calls. Everyday, unless I reset the power, I do not receive any calls. Incoming callers inform or I keep testing with my cell phone and have to even reset the power button multiple times in a day. I spoke to 3 service reps till now and even wrote a strong email through 'My Ooma' and surprisingly no one has bothered to reply. The only response from one of the service reps is that the problem may go away after the phone number porting is completed. Is that a solution, else I might just avoid being Ooma customer for good and look for something different. Any response or similar experiences/solutions are appreciated. Thanks.
#28598 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:39 pm
digs wrote:As a new customer, I have installed Ooma as recommended, modem-Telo-router, but have problems with incoming calls. Everyday, unless I reset the power, I do not receive any calls. Incoming callers inform or I keep testing with my cell phone and have to even reset the power button multiple times in a day. I spoke to 3 service reps till now and even wrote a strong email through 'My Ooma' and surprisingly no one has bothered to reply. The only response from one of the service reps is that the problem may go away after the phone number porting is completed. Is that a solution, else I might just avoid being Ooma customer for good and look for something different. Any response or similar experiences/solutions are appreciated. Thanks.

When you activated your Telo, did you choose to integrate your landline? Also, do you have DSL?
#28604 by digs
Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:47 pm
Thanks for the prompt response. On activation, I have kept my landline number and requested for porting it which is scheduled for Oct. 29th (believe that is integrating in your view). I have RoadRunner internet, 7 Mbp download speed. Thanks.
#28610 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 pm
digs wrote:Thanks for the prompt response. On activation, I have kept my landline number and requested for porting it which is scheduled for Oct. 29th (believe that is integrating in your view). I have RoadRunner internet, 7 Mbp download speed. Thanks.

With porting, your eventual goal is to cancel your landline service, which should happen automatically once the port is complete. Right now if your landline is integrated your Ooma wall port is connected to your landline, right? The Ooma customer service rep may be correct in saying the problem will go away once the port is complete, but you don't have to wait that long to find out. You can request from customer service that they remove the landline integration and issue a temporary Ooma number. Until your port is complete, your landline would be separate from Ooma. You can receive inbound calls on your Ooma number by forwarding the landline to it (through your landline provider). Once the port is complete your old number will replace your temporary Ooma number. Since you're planning on doing away with your landline anyway there's no real downside to doing this, and you will know sooner rather than later if the integration is causing the problem.
#28635 by digs
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:48 pm
I do not have call forwarding feature with my landline provider that means I have to go through this inconvenience for next 7 days. As suggested, I look forward to being a trouble-free Ooma customer after the number porting. If I may suggest, Ooma should look into avoiding such problems for customers in similar situations or try porting the number sooner (Vonage does it in 1 week as against 3-4 weeks by Ooma). Thanks.