Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25612 by Belosh
Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:50 pm
What is the point or use of integrating my landline? my friend who suggested ooma told me i should do it and so I did. so here is my personal question
1. in my setup, i want to port my original phone number, but i dont want to have to wait for the 3 weeks of missing calls. for this reason i integrated so when someone dials my number, it rings to my house now and after the porting process. then i plan on disconnecting at+t (unless it does it automatically). i have a telo by the way.

2. i have panasonic 5.8 gig phones that only need the base plugged in. when i have a call waiting now, since ooma setup, and i hit "flash", it doesnt click to the other call, rather it disconnects the current call. this never happened prior to ooma.

3. my call waiting caller id with name no longer seems to work, and my caller id name is suspect.

anyone care to educate me on my problems?

where should i go from here? can i wait for my number to port and then call customer service and ask them to reconfigure me to non-integrated setup? i think i may be very confused.
#25615 by Belosh
Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm
maybe i can try to answer one of my own questions.

should i call CS and ask them to reconfigure to non-integrated, then just continue using my original att setup with my phone hooked into my wall jack and just leave the telo unhooked into a phone. when my att ports, disconnect it and plug my phone into the telo, then my telo has effectively replaced my att service and im saving cash?

what is the benefit to use my telo before the port when i still have to pay att?

thoughts?
#25616 by niknak
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:10 pm
...What is the point or use of integrating my landline...

you keep your landline phone number
you have telephone service if your internet goes down
you can always reach 911

if these are important, then you can reduce AT&T to bare minimun service and leave it hooked up to ooma

if not then reprovision the hub to work stand alone with a new number, when you are satisfied the service works well you can start the process to port your number to ooma, when it is complete you will not have any more bills from AT&T
#25618 by hpepper
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:19 pm
Several thinsg I will add:

- I dropped my landline when I started Ooma and it worked well for me, but it may not be right for everyone.
- Next, I tried E911 serice by calling the non-emergency number of 911 and tested it and it worked for me
- You could use your Ooma service for outbound and have a second line when someone calls you on your regular service

Just my 2-cents.