Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25535 by Kmw
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:20 am
Right now, I'm unable to make outgoing calls and would like your feedback on whether you have experienced this sequence of events as I'm not sure if it's my wiring or awaiting Ooma to finish porting and/or reconfiguring "stuff":

1. Installed hub about 9/24/09 without problems. Using existing landline until number ported. Received and made calls without problems (likely associated with landline).

2. Thurs., 10/8/09, husband tells me about 5-6 incoming calls throughout the day, but when he picks up no answer.

3. Fri., 10/9/09, unable to make outgoing calls. Landline dead. Call to Ooma customer service that evening; October 8 stated as the estimated date of porting (after much hamming and hawing by the customer rep). No email response from IT about porting completion, despite promise, as of Sun., 10/11/09.

4. Sat., 10/10/09, incoming calls going through as I called from my cell phone to landline number, but husband tells me much static and hearing voices in the background.

I've tried rewiring but it has caused much frustration with other computers that I will hold for now. Current wiring status:
-- Ooma wall port connected to phone line outlet.
-- Ooma phone port connected to cordless phone base.
-- Ooma modem port connected to a port on the router (not the labeled Ethernet 10baset).
-- Ooma home port not connected.
-- Ooma power port connected to electric outlet.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions, advice, and moral support!
#25537 by dtalwar
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:29 am
Could you run the speed test at http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html and post the results from the advanced tab? It appears your landline number is ported over to Ooma, so for now, I would disconnect the Wall port that is connected to the phone line outlet. It would also be better to connect the Phone port to a corded phone and see if that helps with the quality. What cordless phone system do you have? What router do you have?
#25541 by Kmw
Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am
Thanks for the feedback. I'll run speed test later.
What cordless phone system do you have? What router do you have?I have VTech Dect 6.0 phone, new about 1 month ago. Router is Cisco Soho series router. I've a Cisco Linksys wireless connected to the router too.
#25545 by niknak
Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:47 am
...Ooma modem port connected to a port on the router (not the labeled Ethernet 10baset...

how is the ooma connected to your ISP ?
modem - ooma - router
or
modem - router - ooma