Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25766 by dtalwar
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm
denny wrote:By "connect Ooma hub behind my router," do you mean wirelessly? I'd like to connect my hub wirelessly, but haven't figured out a way to do it. I've tried putting putting a wireless adapter in the hub's USB port, but (not surprsingly) it does not know what it is. Right now the bug works fine connected via a cable behind my router, which is a Linksys WRT610N. This wireless router also has QOS. Any ideas on how to wirelessly connect the hub?

Thanks!

The Hub cannot be connected wirelessly. If you're placing it in an area which does not have wired connectivity, you can look into ethernet over power adapters or a wireless bridge (that lets you connect wired devices to it).
#25767 by niknak
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:35 pm
...Any ideas on how to wirelessly connect the hub...

if you did this you'd probably have very poor voice quality

"putting ooma behind the router" means just that plugging it in to one of the router ports, instead of into the modem first
#25771 by leatherneck
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:56 pm
No, I plug my Ooma hub to port 1 on Wireless router via ethernet cable. It would be nice if anyone can figure out a way to make Ooma connection wirelessly. Perhaps, you need to get another wireless rounter (same brand and model) and build a bridge between the two routers. I have once connect my fax to Ooma scout, and noticed the faxing is not successful. After connecting it to the main Ooma hub, I am able to send/receive fax.