Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#24831 by sonnyp
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm
Greetings...

New Ooma user here...I'm pretty sure I activated with Existing Line Integration, but my exiting line is not ringing through to the PHONE port on the Ooma hub. First question, is there any way to verify this? I've opened the web interface for the hub, but there isn't anything to confirm setup. I have the line plugged into the HOME jack from the Ooma splitter (other side going to DSL modem). The Ooma line is making and receiving calls with no problem.

I've read where this configuration would result in local calls going out over the land line, but a local call from the phone connected to the hub yields a caller ID of the Ooma number, not the land line number. Is this indicative of the box not being setup for land line integration?

Thanks...
#24836 by hpepper
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:03 pm
Also, are you using the Ooma splitter, like you said or are you using a DSL filter/splitter?
#24844 by sonnyp
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm
Thanks guys...

Ooma splitter is plugged into the wall. One side going to DSL modem, other side going to WALL jack on the Ooma hub. (may have said HOME in the initial post)

I'm planning to go to DSL Direct and port the home number, but want to test Ooma as well as have a config to get through the port period.