Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#25557 by allo
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:33 am
nuflat wrote:Well I could not get it to respond at all. It was like it was locked up. Plus the power connector on this new ooma is too short so if you move the device ever so slightly it comes unplugged. I messed with it for about 3 hours and then thought to myself, I just paid almost $300 for this 4 hours ago and I shouldn't have these problems. So I boxed it back up and took it back to best buy. I've never had any issues with Vonage even in the install process. Lesson learned when you try and get something for nothing.

I don't call $300 getting something for nothing!
I don't think the product should have been rushed out just to meet the deadline; without extensive testing and without the companion tool (handset).
Any new product is bound to have some "problems"; but now that the genie is out of the bottle,the question is: how fast and well will they iron it out, which will be a make or break proposition.
Excuse me if I rephrase your last comment to say : Lesson learned when you try to rush something before it is done properly; because I think OOMA is a good concept so far: Let's just hope they learn from the past and that they don't take the same road as Vonage did!