Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#23287 by anorexorcist
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:24 am
Hi
I just purchased the ooma telo service but have not yet activated it. Before activating I just wanted to ask a question on the forum. I'm considering porting my current number to Ooma. I know during the port process I must keep my current telephone service/account active.

My question is, during the port process, can I actually use the Ooma service to make calls? If so, what phone number would I have...would i be given some kind of temp number?

OR would I not be able to use Ooma to make calls until the port process is complete?

I'm just a bit confused on this issue...perhaps someone who has ported their number can give me some info?

Thanks
#23290 by hpepper
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:29 am
Yes - you would be given a temp number that you will choose from available numbers in your area code. Once the port is complete, the temp number becomes your second number and you will keep it as long as you have Premiere service. If you drop Premiere service, the temp number goes away.
#23293 by murphy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:36 am
If you are going to port your number, do not select to integrate with your land line during activation.