Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#23152 by bartman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 pm
I am trying to install ooma with my new uverse system. I have connected the ooma hub to the first internet port on the 2 wire 3800 router/modem (4 computers are on this router, 2 wireless and 2 hardwire). however, the ooma tab is flashing red and the #1,#2, play and FF buttons are solid red. I have gone into gateway configuration and changed the firewall to DMZplusEnabled for this device but it still cant access the ooma site to register. any help to rectify this issue is greatly appreciated. thanks, Bart
#23530 by btle310
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm
It is working fine on mine and it;s not in the DMZ. I just plugged it into the gateway and away it went.
When you log into your gateway is it showing an IP for the ooma hub?
I would remove it from the DMZ then disconnet it from the gateway. Reboot the gate way and plug it back in.
#23573 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm
bartman wrote:I am trying to install ooma with my new uverse system. I have connected the ooma hub to the first internet port on the 2 wire 3800 router/modem (4 computers are on this router, 2 wireless and 2 hardwire). however, the ooma tab is flashing red and the #1,#2, play and FF buttons are solid red. I have gone into gateway configuration and changed the firewall to DMZplusEnabled for this device but it still cant access the ooma site to register. any help to rectify this issue is greatly appreciated. thanks, Bart

When you activated your Ooma hub, did you choose to integrate your landline? If so you must connect the "wall" port on your hub to the landline jack.