Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#23068 by tbm_0929
Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 pm
Any one activate a Telo today?
The activation code is plain as the nose on your face, but I keep getting:

"You have entered an incorrect activation code. Please check and try entering it again."

Can someone clue me in?

~Tim
#23070 by niknak
Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:47 pm
don't know if telo box uses the same font as the hub but B & 8 were similar as well as D & 0 check your MAC address
also there are sporatic problems logging in to the new website, try deleting bro9wser cache and retry
#23116 by tbm_0929
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm
Funny, I am sitting here looking at $250+ just sitting all black and shiny on my desk. Definitely a work of art, to bad I can not activate it. I checked my numbers as suggested and I am inputting the correct numbers. I guess Ooma is having release day blues. Personally I like to group my change, that way all the pain comes at once and trickles away until a perceived normalcy is attained. I would not suggest that to any type of service provider. Your customers suffer greatly. But hey! I am switching from Magic Jack, you know the company with the inexpensive product whose infrastructure cannot keep up with demand. I have been a loyal customer for over two years and can not wait to give them the boot. My leg is twitching come on Ooma get it together so I can give MJ da-boot!
#23132 by WayneDsr
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:58 pm
If you hear nothing by tomorrow morning I'd call Customer Support at 8 pacific time and get the thing online!!
1-888-711-6662

Let us know how you make out. And welcome!

Wayne
#23575 by ToomaLooma
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 pm
"You have entered an incorrect activation code. Please check and try entering it again."

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't get it to activate using Internet Explorer. When I switched to Firefox it activated just fine.
#23592 by scoutconnor
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:21 pm
ToomaLooma wrote:"You have entered an incorrect activation code. Please check and try entering it again."

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't get it to activate using Internet Explorer. When I switched to Firefox it activated just fine.

and that is why I always use Firefox :)
#23718 by sves
Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:40 am
Tried this morning to activate a new Telo from Amazon, but the online system was giving a "You have entered an invalid MAC address" error. Called support, who said they were getting the same thing on their end and had to open a ticket (24-48 hour wait).

Glad I paid a bit extra for Amazon's Saturday delivery. :D
#23730 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:27 am
sves wrote:Tried this morning to activate a new Telo from Amazon, but the online system was giving a "You have entered an invalid MAC address" error. Called support, who said they were getting the same thing on their end and had to open a ticket (24-48 hour wait).

Not to belabor a point already made by niknak above, but are you absolutely sure about the MAC address you're reading? It's real easy to misread with the font used. The support people can only try to input what you read to them.
#23731 by Dennis P
Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:28 am
sves wrote:Tried this morning to activate a new Telo from Amazon, but the online system was giving a "You have entered an invalid MAC address" error. Called support, who said they were getting the same thing on their end and had to open a ticket (24-48 hour wait).

Glad I paid a bit extra for Amazon's Saturday delivery. :D

Can you PM me your MAC address so I can take a look at this?
#23741 by sves
Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:44 am
Groundhound wrote:Not to belabor a point already made by niknak above, but are you absolutely sure about the MAC address you're reading? It's real easy to misread with the font used. The support people can only try to input what you read to them.

As sure as I can be. The only characters in my MAC/code which might be able to be confused with something else are the zeros, and you can't have a letter O in a MAC address.

Dennis P - I appreciate it; I just sent you an email using the forum option (I do not see the option to send a PM via this forum...?)