Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#21691 by murphy
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 am
Firmware updates are done through the internet.
No purpose has ever been given, to my knowledge, for the USB port.
#22081 by ggilman
Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:50 pm
murphy wrote:No purpose has ever been given, to my knowledge, for the USB port.

They've even gone as far to specifically say that it has no purpose. It is for nothing at all, other than to generate forum posts its seems. People are always wondering.

I would assume it had some designated purpose during design or they wouldn't have placed it there, but since then port was either found to not work for its intended role, or the role was trivialized. The original intended purpose, we'll likely never know, but it has no purpose at all currently & I would assume the same for the future.
#28373 by ggilman
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm
gregg098 wrote:The USB port will eventually allow you to add a bluetooth adapter and let you to use your cell phone through the Telo and subsequently all connected phones and handsets.

The original post was about the hub though. There is no use for the USB port on the hub.

For the Telo, it has been stated quite plainly that there is use for the USB port. It can be used to power USB-powered devices. It will be used to allow cell phone use through the Telo as well if I recall. There may be other uses as well that haven't been mentioned yet.